The War of Genesis - Battle of Antaria Ruins Dungeon Walkthrough
It is one of the main contents in the War of Genesis. You can get Philosopher’s Stones from Ruins Dungeons to awaken your heroes.
There are 4 Ruins Dungeons: Water, Fire, Wind, and Light and Dark. There are total of 16 Ruins Dungeons, and 4 of each dungeons on the north, south, east, and west of the World Map.
There are total of 7 floors on each Ruins Dungeons.
As you challenge higher floors, you will face higher level monsters. Of course, you will get more Philosopher’s Stones, and higher-star gear. You must obtain at least 1 crown on a floor to challenge the next floor.
1. Tap the World Map, and tap the location of the Ruins Dungeon that you wish to explore. (It is indicated by the Purple Gate Icon)
2. Tap the Ruins Dungeon at the field, and tap Enter Ruins.
3. Select the floor you want to challenge.
4. Check Dungeon Features, and make your team of heroes accordingly.
1. Try to bring heroes with type advantages to Ruins Dungeons.
(Castle of Ice → Bring wind types, Inferno Dungeon → Bring water types)
2. If you don’t have enough heroes with type advantages, you can even include heroes that are neutral, or with type disadvantage to the dungeon’s types and use it strategically.
(If you don’t have tanky heroes against fire type heroes, you can bring G.S. or Duran and make the enemies attack them)
3. Remember the conditions to clear each of the dungeons. Try to get as much information as possible about the dungeons you will challenge in advance. Plan your battle strategies, as some dungeons are easier if you target the servants first at the final battle wave.
4. Try to bring at least 1 tanky hero and 1 hero with heals.
5. You should try to get 3 crowns on Ruins Dungeons as much as possible, since it will help your battle sprees. Caliper Mage and Lich will help you to get 3 crowns, since they have skills to revive your heroes.
6. Except for the Inferno Dungeon, you want to bring heroes that can apply debuff to enemies’ DEF, such as Wayne, Locarno, and Lobel to quickly defeat the enemies.
7.Optimize your team formation and bring heroes that can apply buffs, debuffs, or remove buffs and debuffs.
8. You should plan your heroes’ skill cooltime before you enter the final wave on Ruins Dungeons. For instance, if Wayne’s ‘Depth Charge’ or ‘Hell Rain’ is on cooltime for 2 turns, use ‘Defensive Stance’ and try to make the skills available against the bosses faster.
9. Your choice of machinas matter too. Bring El Gennaro to heal all of your allies when you need to survive for a set amount of turns in the Inferno Dungeon.
★ Castle of Ice (Water Type Ruins Dungeon)
◆ Dungeon Characteristics
You will need to defeat the boss, Frost Dragon, at the final wave in a set amount of turns. The turns differ by the floors that you challenge.
■ Boss Skills
1. Frostbite: It is a single target damage skill. It freezes your hero at a relatively high chance. It isn’t as dangerous as other skills.
2. Freezing Breath: It is a damage skill that attacks all of your heroes. It also decreases your heroes’ SPD by 30% at a 50% chance.
3. Frozen Lips: It is another damage skill that attacks all of your heroes. It also silences your heroes for 2 turns at 50% chance.
4. Frost Scale: It is a passive skill. Frost Dragon will get 2 Hit Barriers (Barriers) whenever it uses an active skill for 2 turns. A Hit Barrier will negate all damage from an attack.
■ Servants’ Skill
1. Dull Blade: It is an active skill that attacks all of your heroes. It also decreases your heroes’ Hit Acc. by 50%, and make your heroes more likely to attack with Near Misses. It is used by the servant on the left.
2. Block Weapon: It is a single target damage skill. It decreases your hero’s ATK by 50% for 2 turns. Try to make the servant on the right to attack defensive heroes, or heroes with heals.
◆ Castle of Ice Walkthrough
Water type Castle of Ice is the easiest out of the 4 Ruins Dungeons. All you have to do is to defeat everything within the given turns.
The two servants’ skills don’t do much damage. However, their debuffs can be annoying to deal with. If you have strong wind type heroes, focus on targeting Frost Dragon. As long as your heroes are strong, you won’t need to bring heroes to remove debuffs.
Frost Dragon will also use skills to avoid damage by applying debuffs and status effects. Its skills, however, aren’t dangerous as long as you have a hero that can heal your allies. Be wary of Frost Dragon’s ‘Frozen Lips’, since it can silence your heroes with heal.
Frost Dragon will get Barriers after each of its turns, so you should bring heroes that can attack multiple times with a single skill, such as Gapani and Erica.
A recommended formation for the dungeon is to bring Strider, Erica, Gapani, G.S., and Mharid. You can replace G.S. with a water, light, or dark type hero. You can also replace Mharid with Thad.
Strider’s leader skill allows your wind type heroes to take turns faster. Since Frost Dragon has 2 skills that target all of your allies, you would find Mharid’s regeneration more effective than Thad’s heal.
Asura or Janus are both fine in Castle of Ice, because Asura can decrease the enemies’ DEF, while Janus can increase debuffs on the enemies by 1 turn.
★ Pyramid (Wind Type Ruins Dungeon)
◆ Dungeon Characteristics
Sum of the stars on your hero formation cannot exceed 14. This means that you will not be able to have a party full of 4★ and 5★ heroes. If you want to bring 4★ or 5★ heroes, then you’ll have to bring 1★ or 2★ heroes on your formation.
■ Boss Skills
1. Strike: It is a single target damage skill. It does more damage the higher Anubis’ SPD is. If Anubis has a shield, then it will stun your hero for a turn.
2. Underworld Judgment: It is a single target damage skill. It does more damage the higher Anubis’ SPD is. It also increases Anubis’ SPD by 30% for 2 turns.
3. Book of Eternal Life: It is an active skill that gives 30% of its HP as a shield for 3 turns. You have to damage the shields first to damage Anubis’ HP.
4. Wrath of Pluto: It is a passive skill that increases its SPD by 30% for 3 turns if Anubis defeats one of your heroes.
■ Servants’ Skills
1. Mirror of Truth: It is a single target damage skill. This skill will do a lot of damage. Eliminate the water type servant on the right first!
2. Shaping Sarcophagus: It is an active skill that makes Anubis have type advantage for 1 turn. This skill makes Anubis to deal significantly more damage.
◆ Pyramid Walkthrough
Sum of the stars on your hero formation cannot exceed 14.
You can bring four of 3★ heroes, and one of 2★ hero. You can also bring one of 4★ hero, two of 3★ and 2★ heroes. (Remember that you don’t have to bring all 5 heroes! You can bring three of 4★ heroes and one of 2★ hero! As long as you meet the requirements, you can challenge the dungeon.)
Anubis is a boss with high SPD. It’s skills also damage depending on its SPD, and it also takes turns more often. The boss’ skills on its own aren’t very threatening. However, when the two servants are present, they make the boss extremely powerful.
The two servants’ skills, ‘Mirror of Truth’, and ‘Shaping Sarcophagus’ make the battle difficult.
‘Mirror of Truth deals a lot of damage. It will take out half of your hero’s HP. If Anubis attacks the injured hero with the buff from ‘Shaping Sarcophagus’, the hero will fall.
Thus, the first target to attack in the boss wave is the water type servant on the right. As long as your heroes don’t take damage from ‘Mirror of Truth’, most of the damage from Anubis can be healed.
Next, take out the servant on the left. Finally, bring down the boss!
Anubis gets 30% of its HP as a shield from ‘Book of Eternal Life’, so the battle could take a long time to finish.
Pyramid dungeon isn’t difficult, as long as you know which enemies to attack first. However, you’ll struggle when you turn on auto battle during the boss wave. This is because if you bring fire type heroes to have type advantages against Anubis, then your fire type heroes won’t target the water type servant that uses ‘Mirror of Truth’ due to its built in AI. Eventually, you will take too much damage from ‘Mirror of Truth’ before taking down Anubis.
Due to the star limitations, you may not be able to bring a team full of heroes with type advantages to clear Pyramid. Since there are wind and water type enemies, bring fire and wind type heroes in your team formation when you attempt Pyramid.
If you find getting 3 crowns difficult to get in Pyramid, bring Caliper Mage to revive your heroes when they fall. As with machinas, Asura is recommended for this dungeon.
★ Inferno Dungeon (Fire Type Ruins Dungeon)
◆ Dungeon Characteristics
You will need to survive against the boss, Deimos for a set amount of turns. The turns differ by the floors that you challenge.
■ Boss Skills
1. Hellfire: It is an active skill that attacks 5 times to all of your heroes. He also inflicts damage over time at 15% chance for each of its attack. You’ll get 1 or 2 damage over time debuff on your heroes from its skill on average.
2. Omen: It is a random target damage skill that attacks 3 times. He also inflicts damage over time for each of his attacks. More and more damage over time!
3. Branding: It is an active skill that damages all of your heroes. He also increases his ATK by 50%. He will reset his turn if your heroes fall from this skill.
4. Judgment Day: It increases its ATK and heals himself when he is at 20% HP or below. He truly is an undying boss. However, you don’t have to defeat him. You only have to survive for a set number of turns to win.
1. Infernal Pillar: The servant on the right will damage all of your heroes, and block heal on your heroes.
2. Rupture: It is a single target damage skill. It also decreases your hero’s DEF by 50% for 2 turns.
◆ Inferno Dungeon Walkthrough
Inferno Dungeon can make you feel like you’re in a torture room. The boss and the servants will use fire skills and deal damage over time to your heroes and whittle your heroes down.
The bosses will progressively get stronger, and the servants will lower your heroes’ DEF and block heal.
It is an important tip: you can’t defeat Deimos. When Deimos is at 20% or less, you can’t damage him. Moreover, he will continuously lower his HP to get more ATK. No matter how hard you try, he will not fall. Therefore, your damage heroes will be useless once you quickly eliminate the servants.
To survive against Deimos, you will want to bring heroes with heal, heroes that can buff your allies’ DEF, and heroes that can remove debuffs such as damage over time.
You can bring G.S. as a leader and have the servants target him with Rupture. His leader skill also helps the allies to survive. Moreover, Rashid and Robin provides great utility in Inferno Dungeon. Rashid’s ‘Cleanse’ remove debuffs and increases your heroes’ DEF. Robin’s ‘Wake Up!’ will allow her to remove debuffs and heal all of your allies once she does not under the effect of ‘Infernal Flame’. You can also bring Mharid to heal more consistently. Mharid is one of the heroes that is being consistently mentioned, due to its amazing ability to heal. Before you can obtain Irene at admiral Lv.31, you’ll resort back to Mharid for many of your battles in both PvP and PvE.
.A recommended formation for this dungeon is to bring G.S., Rashid, Robin, Mharid, and any hero that can increase all allies’ DEF or heal allies. Theoretically, you can replace G.S. with Imperial Soldier or Da’oh. Imperial Soldier’s invulnerable status and DEF buff, or Da’oh’s ability to give shields to all allies by taking Near Misses can also work. El Gennaro’s heal makes it a perfect choice for Inferno Dungeon.
Magic Tower ( Light , Dark Type Ruins Dungeon)
◆ Dungeon Characteristics
Magic Tower requires one of each types of heroes to enter. Thus, you must bring in one fire, one water, one wind, one light, and one dark type hero to the dungeon
■ Boss Skills
1. Strike Down: It is a single target damage skill. When the boss is a light type, he increases your hero’s skill cooltime by 1 turn. When the boss is a dark type, he blocks your hero from receiving buffs for 2 turns. It isn’t as dangerous as other skills.
2. Corrupted King’s Blade: It is a damage skill that attacks 3 times to all your heroes. When the boss is a light type, he decreases your heroes’ Hit Acc. By 150%. When the boss is a dark type, he deals damage over time for each of his attacks to all of your heroes. (Total of 3 damage over time stacks)
3. Tormented Chain: It is an active skill. When the boss is light type, he gets 8 Hit Barriers. When the boss is a dark type, he increases his Crit Chance by 30%.
4. Confined Justice: It is a passive skill that changes the boss’ type between light and dark type at the end of his turn.
■ Servants’ Skill
1. Healing Barrier: It is an active skill that heals the boss’ HP. It also increases the boss’ ATK by 50% when the boss is a dark type. Target the dark type servant on the left first!!
2. Cleansing Barrier: It is an active skill that removes debuffs on the boss. It also increases the boss’ DEF when the boss is a light type.
◆ Magic Tower Walkthrough
Magic Tower is the most difficult Ruins Dungeon.
Yggdpaine, the boss of the Magic Tower, has a special skill set that has added effects for being a light or dark type.
Yggdpaine changes his type between light and dark type at the end of his turn. He gains additional effects on his skills depending on his type. He also receives special buffs from his servants.
Because there are no turn limits to defeat Yggdpaine, it is better to eliminate the servants first, and then the boss.
The dark type servant on the left heals the boss’ HP, and increases the boss’ ATK when the boss is a dark type. If you leave the servant alone, it is highly likely that you will fail to clear the dungeon.
Eliminate the servant on the left, and then on the right.
Be wary of Yggdpaine’s type and skill combo. If Yggdpaine is a dark type and casts ‘Tormented Chain’, he will get 30% Crit Chance boost and reset his turn. If he then casts ‘Corrupted King’s Blade’, your heroes may all fall in a single strike. If he received the ATK buff from his servant on the left, and land a Critical Hit, then it’s truly a devastating strike. This is why Magic Tower is the most difficult dungeon.
If Yggdpaine is a light type and casts ‘Tormented Chain’, he will get 8 Hit Barriers for 3 turns. If your heroes don’t have skills that attack multiple times, it will be difficult to bring Yggdpaine down. Bring heroes that can attack multiple times in a single skill such as Gapani, Lich, and Wayne to remove Hit Barriers quickly.
As you challenge higher floors, it will be more difficult to withstand Yggdpaine’s attacks to all of your heroes. There are limits to the amount of heal that your heroes can supply. This is where buffs to increase DEF shine.
Rashid’s Cleanse at skill level 3 increase all allies’ DEF by 50% for 3 turns every 3 turns. Since Yggdpaine does not remove your heroes’ buffs, Rashid can make your heroes more likely to survive on higher floors.
A recommended formation for the dungeon is to bring Lich, Duran, Gapani, Wayne, and Mharid. The boss changes type between light and dark, thus his single target damage skills will target Lich and Duran first.
Duran’s Divine Punishment removes all enemies’ buffs. Wayne’s DEF debuff and Marks are useful and help your heroes to do more damage.
El Gennaro’s heal to all of your heroes is always useful to negate the boss’ damage to your heroes.
※ The contents can be updated and changed.
※ Last edited on August 30, 2018